New Directions IT Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Systems Engineer. In this role, the Systems Engineer will:
- Provides support for all network server systems within the enterprise on various computer platforms.
- Technical resource for the deployment and support of Network Operating Systems and applications (ie., Windows 2000/2003/2008 Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMWare/Virtualization Technologies, SAN, MS Exchange, Active Directory), as well as ensure proper maintenance of management tools, server documentation, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Works with Network team, Desktop Support team, IT Applications, and other departments to provide a stable and scalable server infrastructure.
- Provides leadership on technical, performance, and operational analysis for computer hardware and application job flows in the Data Center and making recommendations for improvements with senior-level coordination with other related areas.
- Provide overall support functions involving the installation, monitoring, and overall management of the server environment, including Windows 2000/2003/2008 operating systems in an Active Directory environment, as well as Linux and HP.
- Ensure proper levels of fault tolerance and disaster recovery to include backup job monitoring, systematic test restores, and all other activities that would ensure the ability to provide a stable, consistent server computing platform.
- Proactively work with internal IT staff, system users, and management to develop and implement technological solutions to improve, enhance, and expand the functionality of the server systems.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Systems Administration(Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Active Directory, Exchange)
- Strategic Planning
- System Management
- Data Center & Citrix preferred
- MCITP Enterprise Administrator highly desired; CCNA preferred.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations, and Associated Technologies. Our success and subsequent growth have been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.