New Directions IT Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Systems Engineer on a direct hire basis. In this role, the Systems Engineer will:
- Solve end client problems in Microsoft Server, Exchange, SQL, IIS, networking, VPN, firewall, backup and Windows, Linux and UNIX and environments.
- Perform installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows based file, print and remote access services including: add/remove users and groups, configure file permissions, check event logs and configure and restore from backup.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Exchange Server and Office 365 including remote clients.
- Provide administration of enterprise e-mail applications that includes: add/remove users and groups, configure folder permissions, forward mail to other accounts, add aliases, and replication and clustering
- Configure and troubleshoot Windows workstations that includes: standard POP, SMTP & Exchange clients including Outlook as well as Office 365.
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization of MS Office Suite applications.
- Assist with datacenter technologies and SQL Clustering.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Active Directory, Microsoft Windows, Windows Server and Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
- Network troubleshooting of switches, VLAN, routers and firewalls.
- Windows Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI).
- Support for Data Backup and Recovery, Antivirus and VPN Connectivity.
- Preferred background with: Enterprise Backup Systems (ShadowProtect); High Availability load balancing solutions; Hyper-V and VMware; Exchange Clustering; SAN architecture and Citrix/Terminal Server Technologies.
- Preferred background with: Firewall Technologies SonicWALL & WatchGuard; DNS; Microsoft SQL Server; Wireless Technologies; TCP/IP subnetting and troubleshooting Internet connectivity; Terminal Services & Citrix.
- Preferred background with: Mobile Messaging Technologies (Blackberry Enterprise ActiveSync) Support
- Preferred certifications: MCSA/MCITP/MCSE, CCNA/CCDA/CCVP/CCIE, VCP, VCA, Project+, Network+, WatchGuard.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.