New Directions IT Staffing
We are currently engaged in an exclusive search for a Systems Administrator for a well-recognized client in Rhode Island. In this role, the Systems Administrator will:
- Provide day to day IT operations technical support to business and technical users in multiple facilities in a Windows, Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint environment.
- Provide and respond to first level support calls and requests and escalate as necessary.
- Assist the team in installations, maintenance, security, and network operations and support and ensure systems and networks operate optimally to provide maximum performance and availability.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Maintain and monitor Active Directory, Office 365, and other proprietary CRM platforms.
- Perform periodic data center updates and maintenance.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and testing the disaster recovery plan.
- Analyze and review weekly reports for security vulnerabilities and take necessary steps to remediate.
- Assist with the oversight and maintenance of wired and wireless networks, this includes the management of the SonicWALL firewalls.
- Conduct software and hardware evaluations and provide technical analysis and implement systems to meet the companys IT goals.
- Assist in managing asset inventory control for parts, software, desktops, and laptop systems.
- Contribute to the document repository on new or modified entries to maintain our knowledge base database.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related area and A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE or other MS certifications. (a plus to have).
- Systems Administration or Help Desk support that includes a combination of: End-User Support, Windows Server Environments, Office 365, Networking and Data Center Administration.
- Windows Server Administration, Active Directory, Group Policy environments.
- Office 365 Administration.
- Familiarity with Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Access Points and other Network Devices
- Familiarity with Virtualization technologies
- SharePoint experience helpful but not required
- Knowledge of information security and systems administration and exposed to cyber security prevention concepts
- Some travel may be required.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Are you interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.