New Directions IT Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a System Admin/Data Center Technician. In this role, the Data Center Technician will:
- Monitor data center systems and network performance, navigating multiple operating systems, restarting servers, working knowledge of hardware, software applications, and data center equipment.
- Assists with scheduled downtime events and project activities including any of the following: installation, termination, testing, and labeling of all cabling, software installations, moving and installation of cabinets, racks, hardware installation including and not limited to: shelves, PDUs, rails, cable management, and customer equipment.
- Performs systems backups, insuring daily backups run successfully, reviews backup logs, restarts failed jobs, catalogs tape activities, archival, retrieval, offsite storage processes, BC/DR for all systems, and reporting status changes to Management.
- Accurately measures/records vital statistics, incidents, change records, logs, and produces appropriate reports to include daily shift reports.
- Conducts troubleshooting including escalating and effectively communicating operational and system health issues.
- Resolves routine helpdesk calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Regularly contribute suggestions for improvements.
- Monitors, corrects, and reports security policy issues conforming to Data Center Standard Operating Procedures.
- Coordinate, interact & assist vendors.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Comp TIA Network + & A+ highly preferred.
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred
- Technically proficient with Windows Server 200x, Windows XP/7, HP-UX, UNIX, Linux, Netbackup, Avamar, Microsoft office applications.
- Install and build servers and operating systems, configure network settings (IP addresses, DNS Servers, etc). Configure RAID levels, perform KVM and network cabling installation and assure network connectivity.
- Understanding of networking; topology and network management.
- Innate troubleshooting ability.
- Respond to and actively participate in critical situations to restore information access to users.
- Data Center, EMC Avamar/Data Domain/Networker, Solarwinds Orion preferred.
Send us a Word copy of your resume and tell us why you’re the one.
We are a boutique staffing firm (i.e. you are never just another resume to us). We pride ourselves on being able to give both our clients and contractors the one-on-one attention they deserve.