New Directions IT Staffing
Are you a Procurement Professional who is looking for a clear career trajectory? If so, we’d like to introduce you to a highly successful procurement organization who is well-respected throughout New England.
(This is Remote Career Opportunity – Additional Information can be found below).
Strategic Sourcing Manager
We are engaged in a regional search (Connecticut, Central or Western, MA) for a Strategic Sourcing Manager. In this role, the individual will:
- Identify, research and propose strategic sources for competitively priced market products and services.
- Participate in strategic supplier meetings, ensuring compliance and outstanding member service
- Manage bid process that include developing supplier interest, evaluating contract submissions, reviewing product or service specification and managing the proposal evaluations and selection process. Make final contract award recommendation.
- Develop and manage supplier contracts for participating member organizations.
- Perform end to end responsibilities for contract development and management processes for indirect category portfolios.
- Utilize data analysis and trend analysis to develop and implement procurement initiatives that continuously improves the value of your contract portfolio.
- Develop and document benchmarking research to ensure competitiveness of assigned contracts.
- Increase procurement contract utilization for assigned region by bringing essential and value-added information to participating organizations.
- Build client relationships that result in long term supplier retention.
- Actively participate in member outreach and supplier training events.
- Improve supplier representation within assigned portfolios and region.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Five plus years in sourcing, category management or purchasing. (Public/Municipal bidding processes a plus).
- Full life-cycle procurement processes that include developing competitive bids, selecting suppliers and managing contracts for indirect categories.
- Familiarity with G.L. Ch30B desired.
- Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Official Program (MCPPO) certification. (A Plus).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (strong Excel and Access desired)
- Working in highly collaborative procurement environments.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree.
This role is 100% remote with infrequent New England travel. We are seeking individuals located in Connecticut, Central, MA or Rhode Island)
Are you Ready to move your Career in a New Direction?
Please forward a copy of your resume for us to schedule a time to speak or contact us at (866) 999-8600. We look forward to meeting you.
We are an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
New Directions, It’s Right in Our Name
Interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.