New Directions Healthcare Staffing
HIGHLY ELEVATED CRISIS RATE!!
Peritoneal Dialysis RN:
· Provides clinical support to our peritoneal dialysis patients.
· Responsible for coordinating care related to peritoneal dialysis modalities including patient training and education.
· Completes intakes of new patients to include: obtaining physician’s orders, reviewing required paperwork such as labs etc.
· Coordinates, implements, evaluates and documents home dialysis care.
· Insures that dialysis treatments are initiated, monitored and terminated in accordance with the clinic’s policies and procedures.
· Administers medications by prescribed route and provides documentation of administration and results of medication.
· Insures that laboratory tests are obtained, documented and reported as ordered
· Reviews labs for patients. Adjusts dosages according to protocol or physician order. Communicates lab results to patient’s physician, patients and caregivers.
· Provide home dialysis treatments if staffing levels or emergencies arise.
· Knows and practices procedures related to hazardous waste disposal.
· Meets or provides the emotional needs of patient and family as they confront the psychological impact of acute and/or chronic dialysis.
· Assess patient and family learning readiness; Partners with Dietician to teach patient and significant others about renal disease, dialysis treatment and medical regimen and their impact on the patient’s state of health and well-being.
· Initiates and performs Basic Life Support for cardiopulmonary emergencies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· An Associate’s degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
· Must have current and valid State professional nursing licensure.
· Minimum of two years of recent peritoneal dialysis experience required.