New Directions IT Staffing
DevOps Systems Engineer
Are you looking to make career change where you have greater autonomy to implement great technical solutions with a cool company and equally cool products? If so, we found your new home:
We are currently seeking a DevOps / Systems Engineer on a direct hire basis. In this role, the DevOps Systems Engineer will:
- Work within a small, highly skilled development team to manage DevOps, SaaS Applications Automation and Networking and Systems in an AWS Cloud LAMP environment.
- Provide automation of application software deployment and monitoring in a Jenkins environment.
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems.
- Scale the AWS cloud infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand.
- Lead DevOps, Applications Automation, Networking infrastructure that could include coding, patches, maintenance and upgrades.
- Design & govern DevOps, cloud and application security architectures and monitoring in keeping with enterprise standards.
- Manage company internal networks, VPN, DNS and Applications and Network Security.
- Manage application integration projects with external customers.
- Collaborate with product architects and be responsible for the defining-designing-delivering technical design and architectures, patterns, technical quality, risks, fitness for purpose, and operability of technical architecture solutions.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for technical presentations demonstrating a good understanding of SaaS applications, data, infrastructure, architecture expertise and application systems design.
- Mentor implementation teams and conduct education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to developers.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated background in the following:
- DevOps / Systems Engineering in an AWS Cloud / LAMP environment.
- DevOps / Cloud SaaS or Applications and infrastructure environments.
- Applications automation for SaaS or other development type environments utilizing Jenkins.
- AWS tools that could include a combination of: SCS, Email Delivery, SC3, QService and Security Groups.
- DevOps and deployment tools that could include a combination of: CodeCommit and CodeDeploy
- Applications and network security utilizing tools like CloudWatch, Synopsys, Connectify, Armor or others.
- Applications and other migration activities.
- LAMP environments that might include: Linux, Apache, My SQL and PHP or Python.
- Internal network administration for VPN.
- Scripting, patching, maintenance, backup, redundancy and monitoring for DevOps / Systems / Cloud Infrastructures.
- Support of highly available environments for SaaS or other applications providers.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Are you interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.