New Directions IT Staffing
Are you interested in taking your cloud career to the next level by providing hands-on technical and thought leadership? If so, this role is for you.
We are engaged with a client who is seeking a Cloud Systems Engineer to join a dynamic team of who are advancing enterprise goals in a cloud-first, distributed, virtualized system focused on the Microsoft Azure and 365 A5 ecosystems. In this role, the Cloud Systems Engineer will:
- Provide technical leadership to promote cloud first, cloud forward approach and implementations.
- Provide hands-on technical and thought leadership for distributed, virtualized systems – hosted both on-premise and in private and public cloud environments focused on the Microsoft Azure and 365 A5 ecosystem.
- Design and develop the architecture of highly available, resilient cloud computing resources.
- Design and implement cloud-based, resilient, operating system agnostic server and virtual desktop environments.
Act as the design lead for:
- Microsoft Active Directory, and related identity systems both on-premise and cloud hosted.
- Integration of Microsoft 365 A5 suite to include ongoing migration to Microsoft Teams Voice.
- Multifactor authentication architectures to support enterprise-wide deployments.
- Virtualized enterprise systems across private and public cloud infrastructure and virtualized desktop environments including VMware and WVD in Azure.
- Enterprise backup and restore architectures on-premise as well as cloud replication.
- Overall systems security posture and deployment across private and public cloud infrastructure.
- Manage the Microsoft security frameworks such as ATP and Zero Trust.
- Oversee Windows security posture, file repositories, security auditing, log / SIEM architecture, compliance and enterprise-wide patch management and software distribution architectures.
- Take an infrastructure-as-code approach to include version control of specification files.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, management or security technologies.
- Three or more years and/or current certification in Microsoft 365 cloud deployment and management.
- More than five years of enterprise-level Microsoft systems management
- Management of distributed MS Active Directory and or federated identity architectures.
- Cloud hosted systems deployment and management in Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Azure environments.
- Multifactor authentication architectures and Microsoft security frameworks.
Preferred experience includes:
- VMware VCenter server architecture and VMware Horizon VDI virtual desktop architecture.
- Hands-on or certification in Azure WVD/AVD VDI virtual desktop architecture.
- VEEAM virtual backup/restore architectures.
- Microsoft 365 Teams Voice architectures.
- Log aggregation and SIEM architectures.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Are you interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.