New Directions IT Staffing
Associate Director, Information Technology
We are currently engaged in an exclusive national search for an Associate Director of Information Technology with a highly regarded University in Southeastern Massachusetts. In this role, the Associate Director of IT will:
- Provide leadership and management of Computing and Information Technology Service centers (CITS) for faculty, staff and students.
- Lead Tier-1 support services for individual IT equipment, computer learning spaces, and classroom technology.
- Oversees the daily operations of all CITS service centers including hours of operation, staffing plans, business processes for one-stop technology support services, and hardware repair.
- Oversees the deployment of learning commons and computer classroom equipment.
- Manages the use of help desk tools including IT case management, remote desktop management system, and knowledge base systems.
- Oversees and administers University wide telecom communications such as emergency greetings and notifications via broadcast messaging.
- Oversees all personnel actions for CITS service centers including hiring, managing and evaluating full time, part time professional staff, and student staff documenting personnel actions as appropriate. Develops professional development plans for the team.
- Leads the daily operation of the IT case management system including online help desk tools, remote installations and compliance, self-service and customer knowledge base, and employee on-boarding and end-of-employment processes.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Master’s Degree in MIS or related field with demonstrated support team leadership background.
- Designing and managing service center support programs for faculty, staff and students.
- Leading and managing support teams.
- Managing help desk processes in case management tools. (Heat Software)
- Significant experience supporting end-user technology.
- Support of virtualized desktop environments such as Windows Virtual Desktop or VMWare VDI.
- Modern help desk processes and protocols.
- Information security tools and protocols for computers and mobile devices.
- Automated deployment and software management tools such as JAMF and SCCM. (Preferred)
- Project management skills, detail-oriented, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment.
- Certification or background in ITIL environments preferred.
- Background with Salesforce Service Cloud preferred.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.