New Directions IT Staffing
Are you a Data Scientist with a demonstrated background in actuarial modeling who is looking to make a significant career move? If so, we’d like to introduce you to a Fortune 1000 who is a top ranked Forbes Magazine and AM Best top ranked company.
We have been engaged in a national search for an Actuarial Data Scientist who willwork with data professionals and actuaries who are building and evaluating insurance pricing and other enterprise data models. In this role, the Actuarial Data Scientist will:
- Lead predictive modeling projects that involve new rating structures in a SAS, R and Python analytical programming environment.
- Apply predictive modeling techniques to pricing and rating structure data science initiatives that include logistic regression, time series, neural networks, random forest, boosting, text mining, clustering, deep learning, optimization, and others.
- Manipulate large amounts of structured and unstructured data using SQL.
- Communicate findings and trends to key stakeholders across the company.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Three to five years in an actuarial data science capacity that includes a combination of pricing and rating structures that provides actionable insight to enhance business outcomes.
- Data Science programming and modeling in a SAS, R, Python or other similar environments.
- Predictive modeling that includes pricing and rating structures.
- Predictive modeling techniques that include a combination of logistic regression, time series, neural networks, random forest, boosting, text mining, clustering, deep learning, optimization, etc.
- Manipulation of structured and unstructured data in a SQL environment.
- Full data science lifecycle from problem definition to data exploration, data wrangling, modeling, analysis, and deployment into production.
- Strong communications skill sets that include storytelling, presentations and methods to provide insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Science, computer science, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field. PhD or insurance designations such as ACAS desirable.
This is a 100% remote career opportunity.
Are you Ready to move your Career in a New Direction?
Please forward a copy of your resume for us to schedule a time to speak or contact us at (866) 999-8600. We look forward to meeting you.
About Us – New Directions, It’s Right in Our Name
We are an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple?
Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.