New Directions IT Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking an Accounting Accounts Payable associate on a long-term consulting basis. In this role, the associate will:
- Process invoices for payment
- Respond to inquiries from staff and vendors in a timely manner
- Verify disbursement checks for accuracy and prepare for distribution
- Review vendor statements in order to clear all unpaid invoices and credits.
- Research problem invoices, statements, and discrepant invoices.
- Communicate with vendors, Materials Management, other departments, and other AP Representatives to resolve problems.
- Perform other AP functions as directed: Perform Check Processing and Production weekly.
- Void checks as necessary.
- Add new vendors as needed, research to assure the accuracy of the information in the system, and send W9s as needed to assure the accuracy of the information in 1099 files.
- Update vendor files (addresses etc) as needed. Open daily mail, date stamp, and distribute. Scan and index all paid invoices weekly
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles including AP
- Exposure to a general ledger or purchasing software system.
- Horizon Enterprise Materials Management (HEMM) or Horizon Enterprise Fiscal Management(HEFM) is desired.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Accounting degree, training, or certifications desired.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor visas for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Are you interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/