New Directions IT Staffing
Our client is looking for a Systems Administrator (Wilmington or Durham. Remote possibility if NC resident). In this role, the Administrator will…
- Install, configure, and maintain virtual servers utilizing VMware vSphere ESXi hypervisor
- Assist in maintaining server images and configuring Windows and Linux servers as required
- Develop plans for deploying and administering Virtual Machines, Images, and vApps
- Configure and manage virtual guests
- Manage and balance virtual machine resources across hosts in the clusters
- Manage and balance virtual data stores in Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) clusters
- Perform daily VMware and server administration, maintenance, and upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Assist in managing the virtual networking and security environment
- Windows/Linux server patching and updates
- Storage HW/SW administration (SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Backup Administration
- Exchange and O365 Administration
- SQL Server DBA experience
- Citrix Administration
- SharePoint and Intranet support
- Network and Application Monitoring
- Setup and maintain SFTP/FTP servers and sites
- Administer SSL Certificates and encryption
- Web Filter Administration
- Cisco UCS Administration
- Cisco Call Center Support
- Backup support for Cisco LAN/WAN/WLAN service
- On-call and escalation support participation
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- VMware administration with VMware ESXi.
- Nutanix or Citix.
- Administering Cisco network and security solutions.
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems administration, experience with Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022 required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server and Microsoft SQL.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
- Active Directory, PowerShell & Group Policy
- Bachelor’s degree and/or VMware, Cisco, or Microsoft certs desirable.
- Valid NC Driver’s License.
Send us a Word copy of your resume and tell us why you’re the one.
We are a boutique staffing firm (i.e. you are never just another resume to us). We pride ourselves on being able to give both our clients and contractors the one-on-one attention they deserve.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed