New Directions IT Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Network Technician to join a team of Enterprise Network and Telephony professionals. In this role, the Network Technician will:
- Provide deployment, management and maintenance of the network infrastructure as it relates to data (wired and wireless), telephony and security.
- Assist with the design, integration and management of these system ranging from hardware installation and cabling, and repairs, to configuration of infrastructure equipment.
- Install, manage and maintain routing and switching technologies.
- Install, manage and maintain wireless technologies.
- Evaluate and maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with WAN architects on network optimization.
- Install, test and troubleshoot copper and fiber optic cable plant.
- Physical installation of network equipment (rack, stack and patch).
- Support IT infrastructure installations, maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting and moves/adds/changes.
- Manage IDS/IPS, firewalls and bandwidth optimization technologies.
- Manage Network Access Control (NAC) technologies.
- Log inquiries in the IT case management system and ensure resolution.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Monitoring and supporting large scale data networking, and security technologies.
- Configuring and installing switching technologies. (Extreme Networks or Others)
- Configuring and installing wireless technologies. (Extreme Networks or Others)
- Configuring, managing and troubleshooting network technologies & protocols such as VLANs, SNMP, NTP, SSH, VPN.
- Network monitoring and analysis tools.
- Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating Systems as it pertains to network interoperability.
- CLI configuration of network equipment.
Preferred skill sets:
- RADIUS, NAC, IDS/IPS technologies.
- WAN/Routing protocols and technologies.
- Installing and managing Firewall technologies.
- Implementing 802.1x authentication systems.
- Connecting networks to cloud services such as Azure and AWS.
- VoIP Telephony such as Microsoft Teams.
- Enterasys, Extreme, Juniper and Checkpoint products.
- Site-to-site VPN/Tunneling protocols.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Are you interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed