New Directions IT Staffing
We are currently engaged in a national search for a Data Architect. In this role, the Data Architect will:
- Operate at the intersection of data management and data science and will own the design and architecture of enterprise analytics and data solutions.
- Identify business needs, data concepts, and data modeling and translate them into physical data models and solution architectures.
- Provide leadership, direction, and planning for data architecture projects with a focus on the design and implementation of data solutions including enhancements to an enterprise data warehouse, and enterprise semantic layer.
- Bridge the needs of advanced analytics model development and implement these in a production solution.
- Define architectural vision and influence the strategic direction of how data will be organized, assembled, and handled for Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence, Operational reporting to be a data driven organization.
- Provide architectural guidance and expertise in mapping information architecture to physical solutions and is the overall owner of the architectural structure of the data warehouse and enterprise analytics.
- Lead the Data Analytics data teams to define the roles of the data tiers and influence design choices that impact the tiers.
- Supervises the interaction between business partners, business analysts, and developers to ensure that information requirements are clearly defined, documented, and communicated.
- Provides leadership and guidance for the creation of information architecture documents and the mapping to requirements documents.
- Leads the engagement with enterprise data modelers on logical modeling exercises, while providing oversight for physical modeling in collaboration with data developers. Primary contributor on solution design for large and/or complex analytical and BI products.
- Develops the vision and strategy for key Information Architecture projects. Determines the matrixed team resources needed for projects with minimal to no supervision.
- Collaborate with the Advanced Analytics team to define and implement the technical requirements and principles for an efficient data science process.
- Analyze the current data science process, defining key outcomes and designing technological solutions.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Senior enterprise data architecture responsibilities related to data warehousing with an emphasis on concepts and related technologies.
- Implementation expertise with data lakes, unstructured data, cloud data.
- Solid understanding of Data Science concepts and the model development cycle, with an emphasis on producing such models.
- MS SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Azure.
- Proficient in at least Python, preferably R.
- Basic understanding of probability and statistics.
- Familiarity with fundamental machine learning techniques and experience with Azure ML.
- Prioritizes work based on ROI evaluations and influences prioritization for teammates and the Department.
- Effective at influencing without authority.
- Self-directed, independent analytical skills, problem solver, leadership skills, great teammate, and customer orientated.
- Handles the day-to-day execution of large and/or complex concurrent assigned projects.
- Mentors team members on project management best practices and execution.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Are you interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed