New Directions IT Staffing
Are you interested in building something from the ground up? If so, read on:
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer on a direct hire basis. In this role, the Cloud DevOps Engineer will:
- Work within a small, highly skilled engineering team to create elegant infrastructure-as-code solutions in an AWS cloud environment.
- Create automated, secure, and reliable systems to run our business-critical financial services software.
- Act as a champion for infrastructure as code and help our team to understand the value of this approach.
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code.
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools.
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems.
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas.
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems.
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Building and maintaining cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS EC2, VPC, Security Groups, IAM, CloudFront, S3)
- A solid background in securing cloud environments and meeting compliance frameworks.
- Ansible for configuration management.
- Containers including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid background in Linux server administration and networking.
- Previous exposure to financial services / fintech domains and cloud security needs. (a plus).
- Database-as-a-platform and/or cloud based data warehousing. (a plus).
- Curiosity or desire to grow in related areas e.g. software development, front-end engineering, security or project management.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role.
New Directions (https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/it/) is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Are you interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed